The mission of the Palouse-Clearwater Environmental Institute (PCEI) is to increase citizen involvement in decisions that affect our region’s environment.
- To encourage sustainable living, provide experiential learning, and offer opportunities for serving in our community, while actively protecting and restoring our natural resources
- To promote the ecological health and social welfare of the Palouse-Clearwater region.
- To actively participate in the conservation, preservation, and restoration of environmentally sensitive lands, natural areas, and unique ecosystems.
- To provide forums for the free exchange of views in matters of concern to the public.
- To inform and educate the public on issues of importance to the sustainable future of the Palouse-Clearwater region thus promoting a well-informed, active and concerned citizenry