Moscow Biodiesel Co-op
Have you ever thought about converting your vehicle to biodiesel, but did not know where you could actually buy biodiesel in Moscow? PCEI is striving to provide such a service by developing the Moscow Biodiesel Co-op.
Ruby Goes Biodiesel
Past AmeriCorps member, Emily Wolf drives “Ruby”, PCEI’s biodiesel powered work truck. Photo: PCEI.
PCEI purchased Ruby in 2005, at that time she operated on regular diesel fuel. In 2006 we added an extra storage tank to the back in order to store enough biodiesel to get us back and forth to our restoration projects located throughout northern Idaho. Learn more about biodiesel by downloading our biodiesel fact sheet.
Visit these Biodiesel Links
- The National Biodiesel Board (NBB) is the national trade association representing the biodiesel industry as the coordinating body for research and development in the United States.
- Dr. Dan’s Alternative Fuelwerks is a commercial operation in Seattle promoting biodiesel and other energy alternatives in the northwest.
- US Department of Energy Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
- Pacific Biodiesel, Inc. was born in 1996 as the answer to concerns over potential environmental and health problems resulting from restaurant grease clogging the Central Maui (Hawaii) Landfill. The small scale, economically feasible Maui operation was recognized by biodiesel authorities nationwide as one of the first commercially viable biodiesel plants in the U.S.
- Alternative Fuels Data Center, a division of the National Renewable Energy Lab.
- the Bioenergy Feedstock Information Network BFIN is a gateway to a wealth of biomass feedstock information resources from the U.S. Department of Energy, Oak Ridge National Laboratory, Idaho National Laboratory, National Renewable Energy Laboratory, and other research organizations.
- Oelmühle Leer Connemann GmbH & Co, German Biodiesel producers (in German)